Dr. Umesh Kulkarni
Dr. Umesh Kulkarni is a leading Joint replacement and arthroscopy surgeon in Nashik with over 3 decades of experience in the field.He is the pioneer in the field of arthroscopy, sports ligament injuries and partial knee replacement in the city of nashik. He has successfully operated more than !0,000 patients with joint arthritis, ligament injuries and fractures.
He is trained at the Sion Hospital, Mumbai which is a premier orthopedic and trauma center in the country, following which he continued his training in advanced joint replacement and arthroscopy at the coveted Hospital of special surgery, New York, USA.
Since then he has trained in Australia, Abu Dhabi with the best in the field of Joint replacement and Arthroscopic surgery to fine tune his skills and achieve perfection.
- Sanjivan Hospital,Nashik.
- Sahyadri Hospital, Nashik.
- Ashoka Medicover Hospital, Nashik.
- Magnum hospital, Nashik.
- Fellowship in Joint replacement and arthroscopy, Hospital for Special Surgery(HSS), New York, USA.
- Certified Oxford Partial Knee Replacement surgeon,King ChulaLongKorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand.
- MS (Orthopedics) ,Bombay University, Mumbai.- First in university.
- ortho, College of physicians and surgeons, Mumbai.
- MBBS, Bombay University, Mumbai.
- Indian society of hip and knee surgeons. (Life Member)
- Indian Arthroscopy society. (Life Member)
- Indian Foot and Ankle Society. (Life Member)
- Indian Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- Maharashtra Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- Bombay Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- Nashik Orthopedic Association (Life Member and president)
- Association of Medical Consultants (Life Member)
- Indian medical association. (Life member)
- Founder and Consultant orthopaedic and joint replacement surgeon, Sanjivan Hospital, Nashik, 1991 onwards till date.
- Training in Oxford Partial Knee Replacement,King ChulaLongKorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand, 2013.
- Worked at the Hospital of Special Surgery(HSS),New York,USA. 1998
- Orthopaedic Residency in the Department of orthopaedics,Lokmanya tilak municipal college,Mumbai,india.-Aug 1986 to July 1989
- Lecturer in the department of Orthopedics in R.N Cooper municipal medical college and general Hospital – Aug 1989 to July 1990
- “ Proximal humerus fractures managed with Joshi’s external stabilizing system.” – published in Techniques in shoulder and elbow surgery.
- Kulkarni, Ameya & Kulkarni, Umesh. (2020). Proximal Humerus Fractures Managed With Joshi External Stabilizing System. Techniques in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. 21. 30-32. 10.1097/bte.0000000000000181.
- “Intractable knee pain-it could be glomus!” – published in The journal of bone and soft tissue tumor.
- Journal of bone and soft tissue tumors- Vol 1 | Issue 1 | May-August2015 | page:48-50 | Umesh M Kulkarni, Vijay Zavar, Sudhir Sankalecha, Ameya Kulkarni.
- “Posterior talus osteochondroma a rare location, treated by posterior ankle arthroscopy” – published in the journal of Foot and ankle surgery. Kulkarni, Umesh, and Ameya Kulkarni.” Foot and Ankle Surgery 21.3 (2015): e51-e54.
- “Efficiency of local anaesthetic cocktail infiltration in a total knee replacement – A prospective randomised study” – International Journal of research in orthopaedics Vol 6, Issue 5 September 2020.